About Me

My photo
I am what I made myself into
Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Simple and quick coriander rice.

My limitations, when I was struggling with this was I had no mixie, with me and I couldnt spare much time.
So, kindly bear with me and my limitations.

Ingredients:

1.Coriander leaves,finely chopped-1 cup
2. Onions-1
3.Green chillies-2
4.Rice - 2 cups
5. For seasoning
(Cumin seeds,mustard seeds,curry leaves,pepper pots,Cinnamon, bay leaves,a dried chilly,white lentils)
6. Salt- to taste
7. Turmeric powder- a pinch
8.Ghee/Clarified butter -  1 tea spoon
9. Oil - 1 tablespoon
10. Garlic and Ginger paste - 1 teaspoon

Preparation:

1. Heat the kadai with the oil in it. Add mustard seeds when the oil is hot enough. After spluttering of the seeds add cumin seeds, pepper pots,Cinnamon, bay leaves, curry leaves

2. Add onions and the chillies now, after the onions have started becoming transparent add the ginger and garlic paste and fry it till the raw taste is gone.

3. As soon as the ginger,garlic paste starts sticking to the kadai, add coriander leaves and continously keep tossing. Add salt and turmeric powder required. After the coriander leaves have fried enough, keep the concotion aside.

4. Wash the rice and soak it in 4 cups of water for few mins, add ghee to the rice and add the coriander leaves concotion to the rice, keep the rice in cooker and cook it for 4-5 whistles.

5. Mix the rice after cooking and serve it hot.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment